Find Your Cup of Tea: 15 Health Benefits of Being a Tea Drinker
CONFESSION: I am actually a huge coffee drinker. Like, huge. I used to drink around 4 cups a day; but I have recently cut back because I realized that too much of a good thing is no longer good - and my sleep cycle was being disrupted. I love to start my day with a warm cup of coffee and a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. It's seriously SO good! By adding almond milk, you can get a little bit of flavor without having the added fat, sugar, and calories of your typical coffee creamer. As a college student, coffee used to be by afternoon pick me up and I would drink a second cup around 2:00pm; but not anymore! I said goodbye to my second cup of joe.
Since cutting out that second cup, I have searched for a substitute that gives me a similar boost of energy without quite as much caffeine. So, I have started drinking Teami Blends Tea (you can use the code "SAMB15" on www.teamiblends.com to get 15% off your order!) as a replacement. Sometimes I drink this tea in the morning WITH my cup of coffee, as well as in the afternoon.
I never really paid attention to just HOW MANY health benefits come along with drinking tea until now. We have all heard it can boost your metabolism, provide your body with antioxidants, and flush out toxins, but there are a number of other benefits you can reap from adding at least one cup of tea to your day.
15 BENEFITS OF BEING A REGULAR TEA DRINKER
1. Reduced risk of heart attack and stroke
2. Aids in weight loss
3. Boosts your immune system
4. Soothes your digestive system
5. IT'S CALORIE FREE
6. Contains high levels of antioxidants
7. Has less caffeine than coffee
8. Reduced cortisol levels (cortisol is the hormone your body releases when you get stressed out)
9. Increased concentration and focus
10. It's an anti-inflammatory (bye-bye bloat!)
11. Helps keep you hydrated
12. Can help lower your blood pressure
13. Keeps your skin plump, fresh, and blemish-free
14. It can strengthen your teeth
15. Increased memory (perfect for a student studying for an exam - AKA me)
There are SO many different kinds of tea on the market; and it can be confusing as to which type is best for you. Green tea, oolong tea, black tea, white tea - the list goes on. My favorites are green tea and oolong tea, because they are BOTH loaded with antioxidants and geared towards giving you a metabolism boost.
What are your favorite kinds of teas to drink? Leave a comment below. I want to hear from you!
Use the code "SAMB15" to get 15% off your order on www.teamiblends.com