4 Healthy After School Snacks for Kids | KCTV5 News
It's back to school time in Kansas City!
I had so much fun sharing my healthy spins on several classic after school snacks on KCTV5 News with Gina Bullard this morning. When kids get home from school, chances are they are going to want a snack to hold them over until dinner. After school snack time is a great opportunity for parents to ask their kids how their day at school went and show them that eating healthy can be a fun activity they can do together! All of these snacks are quick and simple to make, use minimal, healthy ingredients, and taste delicious.
KEEP SCROLLING to get the recipes for:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
Super Sneaky Healthy Avocado Chocolate Pudding
Healthy Oven Baked Pizza Rolls
If you have a picky eater in the house, these recipes are a GREAT way to give your kids the nutrients they need in a way that still tastes just as good as the processed snacks they may be accustomed to eating. I like to try and sneak fruits and vegetables into my healthy recipes as often as I can (the more the merrier). Not to mention, by making your own healthy snacks, you know exactly what is going inside and you can be sure the ingredients are clean and natural.
Check out the video below to watch a demonstration on how to make your own healthy oven baked pizza rolls! These are so quick, easy, and a great opportunity to get your kids involved and have them help you out in the kitchen.
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until a dough-like mixture forms.
2. Roll the dough into bite-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Enjoy immediately or place in the refrigerator or freezer for a chilled cookie dough-style treat!
Sweet & Sneaky Healthy Avocado Chocolate Pudding
- 2 medium ripe avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until creamy.
2. Spoon the pudding into a medium sized bowl and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator to enjoy chilled. Top with fresh fruit, shredded coconut, or dark chocolate shavings for an extra treat!
- 2 medium apples, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons melted creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
1. Cut two medium apples into thin slices and place on a large platter.