The first week of college classes is officially over! I KNOW how hard it can be to stick to a healthy diet as a college student. There is just something about studying that makes me want to snack!
I usually eat about every 3 hours, so having healthy snacks with me when I leave for a day full of classes in the morning helps me stay on track towards my fitness goals. With a packed schedule, it can be hard for college students to find time to prepare healthy meals or take the time to plan out their snacks for the day.
These 5 snacks are quick, easy, and perfect for a busy student looking for a healthy snack to eat on the go or while they study. I think the main thing that prevents students from choosing a healthy option when they go to look for a snack is TIME. All of these recipes have minimal prep time and can be stored for an easy "grab-and-go" option after they have been prepped.
Parents, these snacks are great to send with your kids to school as well! If you're looking for more healthy snack ideas that kids will LOVE, check out my segment on after school snacks here: 4 Healthy After School Snacks for Kids | KCTV5 News
Check out the video below to see 5 of my favorite healthy snacks for students. Please don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel for more healthy recipes, workouts, and lifestyle tips!
Greek Yogurt Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Dip
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter
- OPTIONAL: mini dark chocolate chips for topping
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until smooth. You can eat this plain with a spoon, or use it as a dip for your favorite fruit!
Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a medium bowl, coat chickpeas with 1 tablespoon liquid coconut oil, 1/4 cup stevia, and 2 tablespoons cinnamon. Stir until chickpeas are covered and spread evenly across prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to make sure the chickpeas cook evenly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!
Single Serving Chocolate Protein Cake
- 1 tablespoon nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 scoop protein powder. I use UNICO NUTRITION vanilla milkshake APOLLO pure protein. You can use the code "BOWERS20" to get 20% off your order on www.uniconutrition.com!
Lightly coat a small microwave safe bowl with nonstick spray. In the same bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Microwave cake batter for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool slightly before enjoying warm!
- 2 medium apples, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons melted creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
1. Cut two medium apples into thin slices and place on a large platter.
2. Melt creamy natural peanut butter in the microwave (about 30 to 45 seconds).
3. Drizzle the melted peanut butter over the top of the apples. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.
Frozen Grape Candy
- Grapes (this one is pretty simple!)
Freeze grapes for 4-5 hours or until firm and chilled. Eat like candy!
CLICK HERE to learn how to make 4 more of my favorite healthy snacks for students: including healthy pizza rolls, 4 ingredient chocolate chip peanut butter energy bites, and a sneaky healthy chocolate avocado pudding!
Follow me on INSTAGRAM @samanthabowers_ for more quick, healthy recipes, workouts, and lifestyle tips!
What are some of your favorite healthy snacks to take to school? Leave a comment below. I want to hear from you!
GET SOCIAL. I absolutely LOVE seeing you re-create my healthy recipes, doing my workouts, and living a healthy lifestyle! Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @samanthabowers_ so I can see your love for fitness, health, and overall wellness.
Check out what recipes people are posting!