'Tis the season for pumpkin flavored everything.
If you're not already getting your fill of pumpkin desserts—look no further. These greek yogurt pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars are one of my favorite healthy ways to satisfy a sweet tooth this fall.
With a crumbly, nutty crust made from almond flour, powdered peanut butter and chia seeds and a creamy, protein-packed greek yogurt filling, these bars are perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or dessert. I like to make them at the beginning of the week and store them in the refrigerator to have on hand for a breakfast on-the-go.
Each bar has 12.5 grams of protein, is only 104 calories, and has less than 5 grams of sugar. Check out the full recipe below!
CLICK HERE to view: 5 Fall Smoothie Recipes You're Going to Want to Make ASAP
- 1/4 cup almond flour or finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly coat a medium-sized baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, powdered peanut butter, stevia, and chia seeds. Gradually stir in 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk until crumbly crust forms.
3. Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
1. In a medium bowl, combine greek yogurt, protein powder, egg whites, almond milk, stevia, pumpkin spice extract, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until batter is smooth.
2. Pour the batter over the prepared crust and smooth with a spatula. Swirl the pumpkin puree throughout the batter with a knife.
3. Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until top is firm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight. Top with pecans and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE to view: Blueberry Swirl Probiotic Cheesecake Bar Recipe
What are your favorite fall desserts? Head over to my Instagram account @samanthabowers and leave a comment on my latest post!